National research indicates that people most value Changing Places fully accessible toilets so that they can:
- Have days out with dignity
- Take part in / enjoy leisure or sport activities
- Go shopping
- Attend hospitals and appointments
- Go on holiday
This research has also shown that people would like to see more Changing Places in publicly accessible places such as:
- Country Parks and Open Spaces, such as the seaside, parks and public gardens
- Tourist Attractions, such as visitor attractions, zoos and safari parks
- Transport Networks, such as motorway service stations
- Entertainment venues
- Retail parks and centres
Within the borough of Bromley we have one registered Changing Places toilet for the public in The Glades Shopping Centre and one in Bromley’s Vue Cinema.
In the future, and as new large publicly accessible buildings get built, there will be more Changing Places toilets.
In the meantime however, we are excited to have an opportunity to access government funding that will help build a small number of additional Changing Places toilets in the borough.
We are keen that these new facilities are built in venues that are managed by businesses, companies, organisations or charities.
In order to help us with our decision making, we would love to hear about where you think they should be built and the difference this would make to you and your family or someone you know.
Share your views
Complete a short online survey.